Saturday, April 7, 2012

Enraged and a Lesson Learned


I want to hurl fire balls. I want to wreak havoc. I want to surge waves. I want raise war against the world. I am enraged.

At the start of the day, all I had in mind was to say beautiful about the things that will happen today. At 4:00 AM I had to get myself ready for the trip to South of Cebu that has been a few days overdue. It is the supposed Visita Iglesia that I had been planning since the start of March as part of my personal retreat for the Semana Santa.

Everything turned out well and good. Beautiful and happy while enjoying the scorching heat of the sun – from Oslob to Boljoon, then Dalaguete and Argao, then Sibonga and finally, Carcar where I had to make my final stop when my battery had to surrender from the day’s picture taking activities. I brought neither a spare battery nor a battery charger.

I have taken approximately 460 pictures. And 98% of these were deleted when the SD card suddenly crashed in the middle of the file transfer. It auto-formatted all by itself, and when I tried to recover the data, all were gone. Nothing was left except the picture of Oslob Church. 






That’s all. I could not help myself but cry at the loss of the files. No auto-back-ups. No nothing!

Despite being enraged of what happened, there is still no reason for me to curse a day that made me experienced the solitude of being alone and in commune with God and nature. The beautiful things I have seen could have been shared through the pictures I have taken. Yet, I learned that there are things that are best immortalized not through what the camera has captured, but what the mind has engraved in the heart.

At the end of the day, my heart still sobs for the loss of those pictures but is still grateful of the more blessings that came about this day – valued more than the pictures that were deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment